Long COVID, or Post-Acute Sequelae of SARS-CoV-2 infection (PASC), affects millions globally. This resource page offers up-to-date information and essential resources for understanding and managing Long COVID.
Stay Ahead of the Curve: Monitor COVID-19 Trends with Real-Time Wastewater Data
- This collection of resources empowers you to actively monitor COVID-19 trends through cutting-edge wastewater-based surveillance.
COVID-19 Wastewater Monitoring in the U.S. – Track viral activity: Visualize the level of SARS-CoV-2 virus in wastewater across the US with the Biobot Network chart. This leading indicator gives you a heads-up on potential changes in clinical case counts before they become evident.
WastewaterSCAN Chart View – Drill down for deeper insights: Compare data from different sewershed locations and delve into specific target genes using the WastewaterSCAN tool. This interactive platform fosters granular analysis and tailored understanding.
Pandemic Mitigation Collaborative – Stay informed with comprehensive data: Access a wealth of COVID-19 metrics, including case counts, hospitalizations, and deaths, through the Pandemic Mitigation Collaborative’s data tracker. This reliable source keeps you equipped with the latest information.
By harnessing the power of wastewater surveillance, you can stay informed, make informed decisions, and navigate the evolving COVID-19 landscape with confidence.
Long Covid Resources
- Long COVID Clinics by State – a list of Long COVID clinics around the U.S. besides Kansas and South Dakota.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Treatment Guidelines – Downloaded on 2/10/2024. Visit https://www.covid19treatmentguidelines.nih.gov/ to access the most up-to-date guidelines.
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), NIH: The NHLBI provides comprehensive information on Long COVID, detailing the various names for the condition, symptoms, and potential impacts on health.
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (AAPM&R): This organization offers a dashboard displaying the estimated number of Americans experiencing Long COVID symptoms, with breakdowns by state and county. It’s a valuable tool for understanding the scale of Long COVID’s impact across the country.
- Health Rising – Long COVID Resource Center: Health Rising provides a comprehensive resource center for Long COVID. This includes a map of Long COVID treatment centers across the United States, making it easier for patients to find local care and support.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): The CDC offers extensive information on Long COVID or Post-COVID Conditions (PCC), including definitions, symptoms, and care guidelines. It’s a trusted source for medically reviewed and up-to-date information.
- The Long COVID Alliance: A network of advocates, scientists, and experts collaborating to accelerate research on post-viral illness.
- Long Covid Physio Network – Provides comprehensive information about Long Covid, including symptoms, management strategies, and stories from people living with the condition. They also have a section with resources specifically for healthcare professionals.
- COVID-19 Support Group – “When members of our team fell ill with Covid-19 in March 2020 we launched the Body Politic Covid-19 Support Group for patients and caregivers. Since then, our group has grown to include 13k+ members, and birthed grassroots initiatives such as Long COVID SOS and the Patient-Led Research Collaborative, among other Covid-19 patient advocacy campaigns.”
- RECOVER: Researching COVID to Enhance Recovery – The National Institutes of Health (NIH) created the RECOVER Initiative to learn about the long-term effects of COVID. Whether or not you have had COVID, you may be able to participate in RECOVER research.
- COVID-19 – Stats, Calculators, Guides, Useful Info & Articles – “This page contains links to COVID-19 statistics, calculators, useful information and more than 600 articles that (@jeffgilchrist) have written summarizing scientific publications about COVID-19 in language that is hopefully easier to understand for the general public.”
- Long Covid Awareness – “Spreading Long Covid awareness around the world.”
- Long COVID and heart issues: What do we know about lingering symptoms — and treatment? – ““A COVID-19 infection can directly damage the heart,” Krumholz said. “The virus itself can cause damage or the body’s response to the virus can cause damage. It seems the inflammation in other parts of the body can also affect the blood vessels and inside the body.”
- Millions Still Struggling With Long-Term COVID Symptoms – “It’s been three years since the start of the pandemic, and while the country has largely moved on, others are still dealing with long-term COVID.”
- Coronavirus Resources | U.S. Department of Labor – The U.S. Department of Labor is committed to ensuring equitable access to the health and safety of America’s workers and providing resources to respond to and recover from the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Post-COVID (Long COVID) Resources for Massachusetts – A list of resources that have been developed to help individuals with Post-COVID conditions obtain the treatment, care, support, and information they need. Mostly pertaining to resources in Massachusetts.
- Resources About Long COVID – COVID-19 Public Education Campaign. An initiative to increase confidence in COVID-19 vaccines and reinforce basic prevention measures.
- How to manage post-viral fatigue after COVID-19 – Practical advice for people who have recovered at home
- Webinar: Dysautonomia Symptoms in Long Haul COVID 19 – Dysautonomia researchers from Stanford University and Stony Brook University discuss dysautonomia symptoms that are occurring in some COVID-19 patients, and what COVID patients need to know about dysautonomia.
- The Administration for Community Living (ACL) – Resources for People with Long COVID. ACL’s programs, and the disability and aging networks that provide them, offer a wide range of services and supports to help people with disabilities—including disabilities caused by Long COVID—and older adults live independently and fully participate in all of life’s activities. For more information and to help spread the word, visit COVID.gov/LongCovid.
- Center for Chronic Illness – The Center for Chronic Illness offers support groups for anyone impacted by chronic illness and rare disease. All programs are free of cost and held virtually during the COVID-19 pandemic. *Please note, while our support groups are professionally-facilitated and may offer psycho-educational tools for coping, our groups are NOT psychotherapy or counseling groups and are not an exchange for individual psychotherapy.
- Long Covid SOS – Long Covid SOS is a UK-based community-led group for people with Long COVID, providing support, advocacy, and resources. They have an active Facebook group and website with resources and information.
The COVID-19 Longhauler Advocacy Project – a 501-(c)(3) Non-Profit Organization dedicated to advancing the understanding of Long COVID and expediting solutions and assistance to Longhaulers and their families through advocacy, education, research, and support.
Long COVID Alliance – The Long COVID Alliance is a non-profit organization that provides resources and advocacy for individuals with Long COVID.
Long COVID Support – Long COVID Support is a patient-led group that provides resources, support, and community for individuals with Long COVID.
Survivor Corps – Survivor Corps is a grassroots organization that provides support and resources for individuals who have survived COVID-19, including those with Long COVID.
- Long COVID Families: Daily Living – Long Covid Families is a patient led, nonprofit organization. Donations are tax deducible and every little bit helps us pay for the essential tools we use for advocacy & awareness.
- Coronavirus (Covid-19) and disability: How to do it, with a disability specialist who has gone through it herself – “Meet Alison Sbrana, a 27-year-old moderator for the support group Body Politic and former care coordinator living in Colorado. Sbrana has myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome, a chronic, disabling condition that often afflicts people after an acute viral infection. Last week, we talked to her via video conference about navigating Covid-19 and applying for disability. Our conversation has been edited for length and clarity.”
- The COVID-19 Longhauler Advocacy Project Facebook Group – The COVID-19 Longhauler Advocacy Project (C-19 LAP) was founded in June 2020 with a mission to advance the understanding of Long COVID and expedite solutions and assistance for Longhaulers through advocacy, education, research & support.
- @long_covid – This is the official Twitter account for Long COVID Support, a UK-based group that provides support and resources to people with Long COVID.
- @Survivor_Corps – Survivor Corps is a grassroots organization dedicated to supporting and empowering COVID-19 survivors, and their Twitter account includes information on Long COVID.
- @COVID19Tracking – The COVID Tracking Project provides comprehensive data on COVID-19 testing, cases, and outcomes in the United States, and their Twitter account includes information on Long COVID.
- Long COVID Video Series – Long COVID Physio has partnered with FisioCamera to deliver a series of educational videos about Long COVID.
- COVID-19 Immunology 101 for Non-immunologists by Akiko Iwasaki, Ph.D. – In collaboration with BioRender, Akiko Iwasaki, Ph.D., Professor of Immunobiology at Yale University School of Medicine, explores COVID-19 Immunology 101 for Non-immunologists.
- Long Covid: A parallel pandemic – “In this video, we hear from people struggling with long Covid and what scientists have learned about the condition — or conditions — so far. Iwasaki explains long Covid’s diverse effects on the body — on the central nervous system, the gastrointestinal tract, the respiratory and cardiac systems, and more — and the search for biological origins. Long Covid is likely more than one disease, but without biomarkers that indicate who will get long Covid and the ways each case will manifest, personalizing treatments is challenging. The prevalence of long Covid has been a wake-up call, Iwasaki says, for society to investigate other syndromes that emerge after a viral infection.”
- LongCovid: It Could Happen to You – A conversation with Protect Our Province BC Dr. Susan Kuo & Dr. Ric Arseneau, Internal Medicine specialist & BC Physician Lead Provincial ECHO Education Program for Long Covid
- The T-cells are not alright – an interview with Dr. Anthony Leonardi, T-cell researcher – In the first installment of a series by Masks4Canada, we explore reasons why the pandemic did not end with the first two doses of vaccine. Dr. Anthony Leonardi is a T-cell researcher and has been outspoken about relying too much on vaccines to end the pandemic. Time and research paper after research paper has proven him right.
- Long COVID in the PI Community – James R. Heath, PhD of the Institute of Systems Biology discusses ongoing research of long COVID and its effects of those with primary immunodeficiencies.
- The Astounding Physics of N95 Masks – The physics & engineering of N95 mask design is pretty incredible.